Our Approach on Migrations
- We evaluate the state of your current workloads and determine the desired outcome of each component by categorizing it in one of the “The 6 R’s” (e.g., re-host, re-platform, re-factor, re-purchase, or retire or retain). Based on the evaluation, we design the new architecture by keeping the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework in mind. The design includes account structure, security, access, networking and builds upon our experiences from previous migrations.
- We deploy the workloads using our Landing Zone solution to facilitate and optimize your AWS cloud migration.
- Optimizations will be done once the workloads have landed in AWS. For any applications that were initially re-hosted, we have transformation strategies ready to reach their desired state.
- Custom workshops will be delivered to help your engineers transition and effectively use the new capabilities of AWS. We will train and support your engineers throughout the migration project, and provide all the online resources and coaching they need to boost their knowledge on AWS.
Advantages of Migrating with CloudNation
CloudNation has helped many organizations with the transition from traditional managed services providers to AWS. Our customers benefited from the following advantages:
- More speed and agility
On AWS, a full range of IT services is only a click away. You and your customers can drastically reduce your time-to-market and eliminate long ‘waiting times’.
- Better security at a lower cost
On AWS, a full set of security options and solutions is within reach. Security automation and deeply integrated security services bring better security at a lower cost. The Shared Responsibility Models lets your team focus on the higher-level operating system and application security management. By leveraging an immutable infrastructure, your environment is and stays secure.
- Continuous monitoring and automated security
On AWS, you get continuous monitoring for near real-time security information and continuous insights regarding the security posture of your environment. By using security automation and activity monitoring service you can detect suspicious security events and let your environment act upon them automatically without the intervention of a security operator. You get closer to security insights and you do not have to wait for a monthly report.
- Better scaling and elasticity
AWS provides near limitless scaling and computing power. Workloads can dynamically adapt to changes in demand and keep their performance.
- Better access to innovation
You can transform your business by leveraging a wide range of reliable and innovative services such as big data, data analytics, and machine learning.
- Knowledge is and stays in-house
Working with AWS means that all knowledge is kept and maintained in-house. You are no longer dependent on the managed service provider.
- Optimized for cost
Pay only for the resources you use and stop overpaying for resources that do not benefit your business. With AWS, you can monitor and analyze your spending and set budgets and allocate spending where necessary.
- Cloud billing
If desired, we can take ownership of the billing process. While we handle the billing, we provide you with valuable insight into the monthly consumption of your cloud services and workloads.
AWS migration success stories:
We migrated the CubicEyes app to AWS
CloudNation created a custom Windows Server AMI, which is used during deployment. After which the latest code is gathered from S3 and deployed to the corresponding web applications.
We helped BuyBay migrate workloads to AWS
This project was executed in a multi-disciplinary agile team, where business stakeholders, data scientists, DevOps engineers, and cloud engineers were able to share knowledge and experience.